ABOUT OUR CUSTOM FURNITURE & CABINETRY SERVICES
Autumnwood Designs is owned and operated by designer and master craftsman, Paul Purificato.
With more than 30 years of design, engineering and wood fabrication experience, Paul is knowledgeable in all aspects of the process of creating magnificent built-in and freestanding furniture. His work has been featured in numerous design publications, and includes a project for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
We’re in tune with your home electronic requirements. Autumnwood Designs is the Charlotte and Wilmington area’s specialist in built-in home entertainment centers and home office furniture. We are experts at integrating audio/video equipment and office electronics into the design for your project.
Our designs allow for accessibility to equipment and wiring, and permit adequate ventilation. Our furnishings are engineered to make future component upgrades manageable. When planning media centers, we consider the placement and sizes of audio/video equipment to ensure optimal theater enjoyment.
Autumnwood Designs built an entertainment center. Everything about the job was perfect, timely, efficient, and professional.— J.L.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT
At Autumnwood Designs, we use an environmentally conscious finishing process. Only water-based finishes and stains containing no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are used. These finishes are more environmentally friendly and better for you and your family. In addition, we build with only high-quality, non-chemically treated wood products. We do not use particle board, which can emit harmful chemicals into the air as it cures over time. Our entire construction process is designed to be non-toxic.
They built an entryway piece with four lockers and drawers that included crown molding. Paul was excellent to work with from the planning stage to installing the finished piece. Absolutely fabulous!— K.S.
From the moment you contact us, we work with you every step of the way to ensure you receive a finished product that suits your particular taste, blends with your interior and provides enjoyment for many years to come. Here’s how the process works:
- Complimentary initial design consultation – We begin with a free in-home consultation to determine the requirements, available space and preferred design style for your project. The measurements of the space and electronics are recorded for integration into the design concept.
- Conceptual drawings – We create a three-dimensional drawing of your proposed new design, supported by a floor plan and scale elevation drawing.
- Design studio meeting – Visit us in our design studio to see finished products showing construction methods and details, molding profiles and finishes, and how they relate to your project which is presented at this time.
- Contract – When you are ready to proceed, an invoice is prepared, final drawings and finish samples are approved, and a delivery timetable is established.
- Installation – Our installation team will first protect your home environment, and then masterfully fit your furniture into the space, leaving a clean, beautiful result.
Autumnwood Designs was professional, attentive to our needs and built a beautiful unit that looks like it has always been there. Paul was great to work with. – K.D.